Summer is in the air and that means free concerts, films in the parks, street markets, fairs, and more. Here are the top items to add to your Southern California summer to-do list:
FREE LONG BEACH FUN
PCH Raising Decibels: 2ND & PCH live music concert series on Seaport Way will be 5-8 p.m. on select Thursday evenings throughout the summer. Featuring free face painting, airbrush tattoos, and a dance area. Guests are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets for first-come, first-served seating beginning at 11:00 am.
Headlining acts include:
- July 20th: RagDolls, The Ultimate All Female Aerosmith Tribute Band
- July 27th: Tomorrows Bad Seeds (Reggae)
- August 3rd: Blue Breeze Band (Rhythm and Blues)
- August 10th: Rod the Mod, Never a Dull Moment Tribute Band
For the full PCH Raising Decibels line-up, visit 2ndandpch.com.
PCH Movies & Moonlight: Enjoy free weekly outdoor movie nights with the summer series of along Seaport Way. Movie nights will take place every Friday at sunset July 14th through August 18th. Pre-show entertainment and complementary airbrush tattoos will be available prior to movie start times.
August line-up includes:
- July 14th: Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon
- July 21st: Lyle, Lyle Crocodile
- July 28th: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- August 4th: Disney Pixar’s Turning Red
- August 11th: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
- August 18th: Disney Pixar’s Monster’s Inc.
For more info, visit: 2ndandpch.com
|MUSIC PRESERVES FOUNDATION’S SUMMER JAMS CONCERT SERIES|
Three culturally important concerts will be presented at the beautiful Ocean Institute this summer. For three Friday evenings, enjoy great music, food, and drinks, including craft beer by Station Craft and Delahunt Brewing Company.
1950’s Rhythm & Blues: July 7, 6-9:30 p.m.
Country Night with Kareeta: July 21, 6-9:30 p.m.
Rock & Roll with Marc Ford: Aug. 4, 6-9:30 p.m.
For more info, https://oceaninstitute.org/events-old/category/summer-jams/
Music Preserves Foundation: https://www.musicpreserves.org/